Located in The Red Lion Inn Village, this turn-of-the-twentieth-century firehouse was in use by the town of Stockbridge until the 1950s and was featured in Norman Rockwell’s painting “The New American LaFrance is Here". When the firehouse moved, we purchased this two-story stand-alone building and converted it into a guesthouse, great for both work or play. This is a one of a kind experience. In fact, we have a few celebrities, who we won't name, who repeatedly travel a long way to stay here.
- Spacious living area
- Grand dining hall with farmhouse table and seating for up to 15 people
- Spacious bathroom with double whirlpool bath
- Downstairs half-bath
- Full kitchen with full refrigerator, dishes, pots, pans, glasses, silverware, oven and range top
- One King bed in a light-filled bedroom upstairs. The bed was hand-crafted by local artisan Peter Murkett.
This guest house, tucked away on the grounds of Chesterwood – the historic summer studio and New England country home of Lincoln Memorial sculptor, Daniel Chester French – was the artist’s secret retreat in the woods. It can be your hidden haven, too.
- Two queen bedrooms
- Spacious, open floor plan with dining area
- Light-filled living room with sofa bed
- Cozy kitchen
- Gas-burning heat stove
- Secluded deck, encircled by woods
- Room reservations include complimentary access to Chesterwood and private after-hours access to the grounds
- Perfect for families, weddings, and small social gatherings
Located in the Main Inn, our Quarter rooms provide everything you need for a comfortable stay. Each room is unique, antique filled and charming. Daily housekeeping, robes, and toiletries are included. Bathrooms located on the floor are shared with other guests. Breakfast not included.